Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine's Day

Over two years ago, I received the most unexpected surprise. It was another day working at the yoga studio and I thought nothing of it. I greeted everyone as normal-friendly, kind, and had a sense of humor with everyone I knew. I was always told I worked hard at whatever I did, and my job was my main priority.

I can vividly remember the man who walked through the doors that I am now happy to call my boyfriend. As we began talking, he started to ask me questions and I must admit I was mumbling my words and was nervous. He completely caught me off guard, but as weeks passed I started dating him.

Lawrence and I have been dating for two years and our anniversary is actually on Valentine's Day, maybe because of the fact that I love chocolate so much...who knows. Lawrence was living in the city at the time and recently purchased a home close to mine, which is beneficial for me due to where I live. I have had boyfriends in the past, but none that compare to him. Lawrence is the most passionate and loving person I've ever met and has the same personality as me. We have been told we are completely perfect for each other, but I'll specifically remember the day I met him. If I never worked that day, we would have never met and maybe I would never see him. I am definitely the happiest I have been in my life and I wouldn't change anything in the world.


Vocabulary

Unexpected (adj.) Occurring without warning.

Vividly (adj.) To present something in a clear manner.

Mumbling (v.) To speak in a low and indistinct manner.

Beneficial (adj.) To receive an advantage.

Passionate (adj.) Showing, or expressing strong emotions

Personality (n.) Ways of behaving that make a person different from other people.


Vocabulary Exercise 
Find the vocabulary words in the word search!

Vocabulary Word Search 


PADLUFLEUCEAEDQ
YTILANOSREPTREQ
MUMBLINGKFAVNTU
VHHMLYCNKNALOCW
AIJOYSUIOYYJBEQ
UPVMLKXIFLBJTPS
WAOIDKSOEEGPJXK
OXBBDSUXBZNLAEB
MQOJALZEXPXEZNF
RSNPXBYNRABMBUX
CTXMDSFCUKMSBMX
QWPYTHIDGPHVJWV
ONTKBMPVKFMEILY
QZYOURREVDNZSYA
CPXNJMIMJGUXRVW

BENEFICIALMUMBLINGPASSIONATE
PERSONALITYUNEXPECTEDVIVIDLY


Grammar Point: 

Apostrophe ('s)

An apostrophe is used in writing to indicate possession. That is, the noun that owns the item has an apostrophe added to the end of it. 
Example: The girl's shoe was left in her room. 
Insert an apostrophe where needed in each sentence.

1. The womans watch was broken.
2. The dogs bone was lost.
3. Marys homework had goe missing.
4. Owens dad was running a little late to pick him up today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment