Thursday, March 19, 2015

An Unforgettable Day


            On March 18, 2015, a little miracle was welcomed into the world. After my boyfriend and I rushed over to the hospital in the city to see his sister, we waited very patient for the baby to arrive. There had been so much anticipation for this moment to come, and it was unreal. Surprisingly, the family was not waiting for a long period of time. We were all sitting down and devouring sandwiches when all of a sudden we all heard …“it’s a girl!” Everyone got up and hugged one another in complete happiness. The due date was actually March 30, but Christina delivered early, but was admitted to the hospital in the middle of the night.
We were all shocked it was a girl because we all attempted to guess the gender of the baby and most people said it would be a boy, including me. Isabella Mesi was the cutest little baby I have ever seen! She looked so healthy and alert, and I could not wait to hold her. Once I did, I was so overwhelmed with joy and held back my tears. She is a precious newborn baby that is loved by so many people, and I cannot wait to have my own baby someday. This experience was something that will be impossible to forget and seeing everyone’s reactions was the best. Isabella is one lucky baby and I am excited to see her again really soon!

Vocabulary

Miracle (n.) an amazing product or achievement
Patient (adj.) calmly awaiting an outcome or result
Devouring (adj.) eating up, consuming
Unreal (adj.) not seeming real, amazing
Anticipation (n.) a feeling of excitement about something that is about to happen
Admitted (v.) allow entry, let in

Vocabulary exercise
Looking back at the vocabulary words, let’s see if you can unscramble the words!

Painictanoti __________________

Ramilec_______________________

Tadetmti______________________

Ovdguievrn___________________

Lruaen________________________

Eitptan________________________


Grammar Point:
What is an ellipsis?
An ellipsis is a punctuation mark consisting of three dots. It can express hesitation, changes of mood, suspense, or thoughts. An ellipsis may also indicate a short pause in a sentence

Example: I don’t know…I’m not sure.

Try to be creative and make your own sentence using an ellipsis! remember to try your best.  

2 comments:

  1. I love that you did ellipsis for your grammar point. I feel like no one ever talks about these punctuation marks so it is nice to point it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute baby! Nice entry! Having a baby is the best experience.

    ReplyDelete